AutorNachricht
Cate Snape
Kniesel
Kniesel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Preparations and a successful deal 2   Mo Feb 27, 2017 1:11 am

Gebetad, nicht gesmoothed. Razz

Preparations and a succesful deal

Today was the second day of the holiday. I acted fast, needed to be fast, as the timeline of my plans, for which I used to work on for the last three weeks after the tournament, was narrowly thought through. With a hug, I said goodbye to Harry and Ron and greeted my parents with a bright smile, as soon as the train at Kings Cross Station stopped. Yes, a bright smile! I would’ve never been so stupid as to tell my parents the truth about the magical world. They just would’ve been too shocked to know about the dark and dangerous world their daughter lives in. For them, the magical world was exciting and fascinatingly colorful, happy, like the Diagon Alley. This shopping street was the only thing they knew about my world, and they would never see anything else. Thus, we quickly drove home after our brief greeting, and I would begin to convert my plans into reality.

“It is good to be home again. Mum, Dad, I missed you!”, I declared joyfully as we entered our townhouse.

“So did we, sweetheart!”, responded Mum and pulled me, in the lobby, into a hug again.

“And, did you plan anything else for today?”, I asked eagerly and smiled at both of them.

“No, nothing significant! We’ll have a nice dinner later, and you.. You will tell us all about the most exciting news from your last year!” replied my Dad interested.

“Hmm, yeah, sure. But I quickly need to get myself a little something, at the pharmacy and stuff.., some stuff has gone out at Hogwarts”, I explained.

“Do you want me to come with you, sweetheart?”, attempted my Mum.

“No, it’s okay. I’m too eager for dinner; I don’t want to keep you from the preparation.”, with an excited smile, I refused.

Meanwhile, my dad pulled out his wallet, gave me with a cheeky smile a £100 and said with a soft expression: “Well, Enjoy and don’t come back too late!”

“Thanks, See you in a bit,” I already turned to the front door, presented my parents with a grateful smile and exited the house again. It wasn’t far to the shop, and soon I stepped quickly into the store and grabbed a trolley. There was a lot I needed.

First of all, I stood almost hopeless in front of the huge selection of Make-Up. I bought everything from powder to concealer, eye shadow and liner, mascara, to lipstick, just everything and I continued to the nail polish and.. Yes, this was more difficult, I didn’t want to, and I couldn’t color my hair, but I needed different hair for what I planned to do, period. An inspiration needed to appear; a wig was too expensive. Well, what did this shop offer, and then I saw it, hairpieces. There was a black hairband on which black hair was fixed on, which you could pull over your head. Perfect, if I would pull the strap over my forehead and if I tied my hair up in a bun, no one would see my dark blond and straight hair.

The evening after, I stood there with a lot of Make-Up and my fake hair. No one would recognize me today as Hermione Granger because I didn’t look like myself anymore. I even looked older, not like 15, but no less than 19. No one would ask stupid questions. I waited until Mum and Dad went to bed and slept deeply. Unsurprisingly, it didn’t take long, as I put some drops of sleeping potion into their glass of red wine, shocking, the naughty Hermione put their parents to sleep. Just to think about it made me giggle meanly, but I am what I am, always prepared and always well elaborated. That's why I don’t have to think about if my parents will realize that their daughter has been away at night.

Alright, now there is probably the question: What the heck is she doing here? You will see that right now because I just arrived at my destination.

I stood in front of a shop, looking almost as Borgin & Burkes. Far in the back, one could see the dim light through the window. Written on the crooked sign stood: “Dark and Hell Wand”! Through my investigation, I was glad to have found out that this shop stayed open every Wednesday from 23 pm to 1 am, just for the not so very right deals, it would’ve been so much harder to do this during the day.

Having taken a deep breath through I changed into a confident posture, opened the door determinedly and walked in with confident steps in a dark, not so clean shop, in which it smelled quite musty and like old wood. Here and there you could see spider webs. Far in the back, where the lantern provided some light, stood an unappealing looking, an older man, around 60 years with gray, long and unwashed-looking hair, warily he looked towards me.

“How can I help you Mrs..?”, his bad oily voice croaked at me.

I tried to keep my voice cool and answered: “What do you think is the reason I am here?”

“I don’t know, will you tell me?”, he answered skillfully with a counter question.

Warily he analyzed me and tried to see under my hood. The fear, I could be an Auror could be seen in his face, thats when I pulled it back. I didn’t care if he saw me because I knew my disguise was good. My heart pounded in my throat, as I didn’t have a defense yet, just my wand which lay in my gown. But I wasn’t willing to get in trouble with the ministry since for this stupid underage law; I was not allowed to use magic outside of Hogwarts, and I still was underage.

He stared at me after I had pulled my hood back, greedily absorbed my appearance. One almost could see the saliva drooling out of his mouth; I needed to act quickly! My face turned into a cold and nasty expression, but never showed any other emotion. I also had a much more confident position, don’t appear nervous, I said to myself like a mantra, even though my heart pounded consistently faster, which gave me the reason to even hold my head as high and arrogant as possible.

“I don’t have everlasting time; my time is precious!”, I sneered in best Malfoy manner. Four years, Draco Malfoy needed to be good for something, even if it’s just to learn how to act like a pureblood towards a fellow being.

“Now, can you help me, or don’t you want my money?”, I asked sharply and bent over the counter, slightly provocative, threatening in my attitude.

“I, I.. Certainly, Madam, what are you looking for?”, he croakingly stuttered and crouched; it seemed like it worked which let me feel relieved.

“In times like this..., I want... A second..”, I mysteriously said equivocally and looked at the man expectant with narrowed eyes. The rules were, don’t say too much. Yes, I started to figure out the tone, luckily I was a fast learner.

“Oh. I understand, certainly Mrs..? But of course, I can help you. If I quickly could..?” he submissively asked with pulled up eyebrows.

I believed he started to realize that I was too young to be an Auror. He opened his hand and released a measuring tape, which hovered in the air and fully unfurled itself. Immediately it started to measure me, on my right hand, my arm, just like Ollivander used to do it. Afterward, he scuffled, in his shabby dark blue gown, into the back chamber and came back with five boxes after a short time. We began to test and search. Back then, at the age of eleven, it took us almost a half an hour until I found my very first wand, vine with dragon heart string and held it in my hand, today though I found it after the third try.

I was dumbfounded, everything worked so fast here, tried to not show my emotions, though. My face mirrored a motionless mask, as I swang the wand. I immediately felt an intense, magical tingle in my fingertips and soon after, a bunch of black roses broke out which fell onto the counter. Yes, I found my new wand! A smile slid over the spend expression of the old vendor which exposed stubby, yellow teeth. Cold shivers ran over my spine for this sight, as I was the daughter of dentists.

“My lady, apparently the search has an end already. A good wand which chose you. Hawthorn birch with the tail of a thestral. An exquisite piece, but rare. Not many wands have been made of bright, white wood!”, he said more than flattering and looked quite proud of himself.

“How do you mean that..?”, I asked quite harshly because I still was curious.

“Well, wood like this is very peculiar, very powerful, just very few can handle wands like this, they aren’t very good in a commercial way; that's why you will never see something like that at Olivanders, even the substance of this wood is often breathed on darkly!”, A nasty grin lay on his lips as he said this: “It does not harmonize with bright material as unicorn hair. Never, do you understand!” Now he muttered into his nonexistent beard: “Really fascinating, that this rare piece goes into the hand of such a young woman.” His eyes looked at me slily. Now was the moment, as I thought, to retreat.

“How much do I owe you?”, I asked quickly, just to eliminate further questions.

“Alas, what, how? Well, oh yes... It’s 30 Galleons for you!”, the fat man said with an implied bow and a naughty smile. A cynical snort escaped from my lips, but okay, I wouldn’t haggle. To do something like this would be below my dignity. Therefore, I grabbed inside my bags of my gown, pulled out a pouch and fished out the necessary money, which I put on the dirty counter. Meanwhile, I already put my new wand in my inner gown pocket. Now I had an operational wand, which wasn’t registered, which meant, that I was not defenseless.

Now, I could defend myself, without being scared of being caught. Marvelous, I loved it, when everything went by plan. No words have been changed afterward, no small talk, the deal was finished, different than in the Diagon Alley. A brief nod and with a wafting gown I left the shop, pulled up my hood and quickly disappeared into the darkness, welcomed by me.
Nach oben Nach unten

Preparations and a successful deal 2
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach oben 
Seite 1 von 1